Well, where to start. Whether you are already in business, or just in the planning stages, there are a few simple marketing assets you need to start putting your brand out there, and that will have a positive ROI given their nominal cost.
Print Marketing Materials
A multitude of promotional and packaging print products exist, but the two basic marketing items you should have are a business card, and a brochures or brand cards.
Some might say they are out dated, I say what ever! Go to any function, event, networking activity etc… and you will look like a noob when people are soooo interested in what you do but you have nothing to give them for a reminder as follow up when you go to get their business. Not everyone wants to tap phones, air drop etc or give you their e-mail or contact info, so leave them a card. How about a meeting with the group that will approve your project. Some people you know, but their will be others there you have never met that will be part of the project. You walk in and everyone passes you their cards and you tell 6 new people involved in the project ” oh Bob has my contact info” or “thanks for the card. I will e-mail you my contact info”… WOW. Professional!
Elements of a good business card
- Ties in well with your brand. (look. feel. messaging…)
- Has a nice layout.
- Appropriate logo size & placement & ratio.
- Legible size text.
- Minimal number of fonts.
- Proper contact info.
- Social media icons / handles
- QR code (maybe)
- backside services or tag lines or QR.
- background image (maybe)
Elements of bad business cards.
- serrated do it yourself printed at home edges (unless you have to)
- 12 different fonts
- as many colours as you can possible imagine
- poor layouts
- blocky pixelized images or logo
- printed on 20lb letter and cut with scissors.
- stretched/squished/disproportionate logo